Features and Benefits
Keithley Optical SourceMeter® Instruments: Keithley instrumentation makes it easy to build a LIV (light-current-voltage) system to test laser diode modules cost-effectively.
Fiber Alignment Photodiode Meter 2502: High speed analog output enables LIV testing at the fiber alignment stage.
Pulse Laser Diode Test System with optional Integrating Sphere 2520/KIT1: Synchronizing test system providing sourcing and measurement capability for pulsed and continuous LIV test.
TEC SourceMeter SMUs, 2510 and 2510-AT: Ensure tight temperature control for laser diode modules by controlling its thermo-electric cooler.
- Active temperature control
- 50W TEC Controller
- Fully digital P-I-D control
- Autotuning capability for the thermal control loop (2510-AT)
- Wide temperature setpoint range (–50°C to +225°C) and high setpoint resolution (±0.001°C) and stability (±0.005°C)
- Compatible with a variety of temperature sensor inputs—thermistors, RTDs, and IC sensors
- AC Ohms measurement function
- 4-wire open/short lead detection for thermal feedback element
- Prevents temperature variations that could cause the laser diode’s dominant output wavelength to change, leading to signal overlap and crosstalk problems.
- Allows for higher testing speeds and a wider temperature setpoint range than other, lower-power solutions.
- Provides greater temperature stability and can be easily upgraded with a simple firmware change.
- Eliminates the need to use trial-and-error experimentation to determine the best combination of P, I, and D coefficients.
- Covers most of the test requirements for production testing of cooled optical components and sub-assemblies.
- Works with the types of temperature sensors most commonly used in a wide range of laser diode modules.
- Verifies the integrity of the TEC device.
- Eliminates lead resistance errors on the measured value, reducing the possibility of false failures or device damage.