For Electrical Contractors who are installing residential, commercial or public Electric Vehicle Chargers, Gridtest Systems offers a portable tool called an EV Emulator that allows you to check the job is complete before you leave that location. The tool also saves a test report for that EV Charger, that you can use as proof of service delivery & safety
The EV Emulator behaves like an Electric Vehicle when
connected to an EVSE as most commercial and residential EVSEs
will be installed without an EV (Electric Vehicle) present.
Equipment Manufacturers and Electrical contractors get the
peace of mind of Gridtest Systems’ Ready to Charge Certification
that the EVSE is installed, safe and operating correctly. The EV
Emulator also collects important business data for traceability in
Support Services and preventative maintenance.
Gridtest's goal is to help accelerate the adoption of Electric Vehicles around the globe. They provide customers the tools to develop, test and install EV Chargers that work safely and reliably. Their aim is to help build a future where you can plug your vehicle into any public or private EV Charging station to fuel up.
• Installation & Maintenance Services
• R&D Lab Testing
• Quality & Reliability Testing
Ready to Charge Certification
• Runs 20+ electric, data and safety test routines to
deliver Gridtest Systems’ Ready to Charge Certification for Level 1 and 2 EVSEs including:
o Voltage Levels
o Pilot Fault
o Ground Fault test
o Display current rating
o Start/Stop, Vent Charge
o Power load test
• Test and verifies functionality to SAE-J1772™ and
IEC 62196-2 with adapter cable to connect the EV Emulator to the EVSE.
• Provides ‘Ready for Charge’ Installation Certificate which documents the EVSE was installed
correctly, safely and is fully operational.
• Special QuickTest sequence can be customized for different manufacturers’ requirements.
Easy to Use
• Integrated touch screen provides a simple one-touch
automation and sequencing of test suites providing a
quick methodology to verify installation.
• Simple instructions for technicians.
• Integrated bar code scanner allows the technician to
quickly capture important information at the time of
installation regarding the specific EV Charger, customer and installer identity.
• Records measurements from all test cases to produce a Pass or Fail summary result for warranty and
traceability on each installation.
• SD Card interface allows test results to be easily transferred to a SmartPhone/PC/Email
• The EV Emulator can connect to external loads or power analyzer tools for more test scenarios.
• Designed for the field installation environment, the EV Emulator is contained in a ruggedized
watertight enclosure – military grade.
• An embedded re-chargeable battery pack provides sufficient power for up to 12 hours and can be
recharged from a standard 100-240V outlet. The unit is generally powered up for only a few
minutes only during each installation.
Lab test Option EVE-100L :
For equipment manufacturers and testing services companies, Gridtest Systems offers the EVE-100L for testing in a lab environment. This version offers detailed test results and test reports. Labs can benefit by saving hundreds of hours of in-house tool development, test execution and maintenance
by leveraging the EVE-100L.
The EVE-100L measures and analyzes up to 50 metrics of the EVSE. The pass and fail criteria for many test cases can be customized. The automated test sequence can be customized. The EVE-100L can also provide a trusted third party report throughout the EVSE product lifecycle
Dimensions: 16” x 13” x 6.87” or 40.6 x 33 x 17.4 cm (L x W x D)
Weight: approximately 20lbs. or 9Kg
All our used & refurbished equipment is subject to electrical and cosmetic refurbishment in our In House Calibration Laboratory. We offer full warranty on all our equipment, supported by our Calibration & Repair Laboratory. Free shipping in the UK is standard. Please call or email us for a quick price quote